Sigma Onyx Pro - HRM update

I've used my new Heart Rate Monitor twice now. Once at the gym on a stationary bike workout and once, today, on a 10 mile bike ride after work.

I like it.

It comes with a bike handlebar mount which I didn't expect. You can easily move the watch from your wrist to the handlebar and it's much more convenient to keep an eye on in that position.

In addition to showing your heart rate in beats per minute, it has a graphic display of the three heart rate zones in bar form which changes according to how far into the particular zone you are. Plus you get your % HR.

The navigation is also much more intuitive than the Sports Instruments model that I have. You just hold down any button for 2 seconds to get into the menu system and from there everything is self-explanatory.

So, I'm happy with it. As long as it holds up and keeps working properly.


As I said, I took a just under 10 mile ride today. It was hot, somebody said 89, but there was a breeze and it felt great, even though I am still trying to feel bad about the end of ski season.

Bike was running pretty good, still a couple of sluggish shifts from the big to small chainring but no dropped chain.

I'm still taking it easy, trying to build my base and feeling pretty good. Intensity was easy to moderate with an average HR of 121 (70% max) although I hit a max of 150 (86%) a couple of times. I really like that this HRM records your max HR.

Shoulder was feeling good. I'm going to physical therapy tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.
Let's beat this thing! (arthritis)

Posted in |

0 comments: