Shallow

Shallow

I admit it. It's shallow. Just the thought of going skiing once more tomorrow has made me happy.

Yes, a week ago Friday at Plattekill, skiing the slush in t-shirts,

as my daughter put it, was NOT the last day of skiing for us.

Tomorrow will be the very last day of the season for Mt. Snow in Vermont and most likely for us too. (I know, I said that about last week). The kicker is that the lift tickets will be $25! Woo-hoo! Otherwise, we couldn't afford the regular prices. Especially the weekend prices.

I am excited about skiing Mt. Snow again. It was the very 3rd day I ever skied in my life was the last time I went there.
We went on a Warren Miller freebie but they haven't offered it since. We really liked it and I am anxious to see how I do now that I've been skiing for 4 years. I was just skiing novice trails back then except when we went to Mt. Snow we took the wrong lift and wound up where the only way down was an intermediate. I was not too happy about that.

My daydream is to go to Killington after that. They may be open until may and are offering $49 lift tickets (their regular weekend rates are $82!) Then we would fly out to southern california to Mammoth Mountain where they just announced they will be open till the 4th of July again this year! They got 41 feet of snow this year so far, 2 of it this week. That's feet, pilgrims, feet! Then in August or so we could fly out to Mt. Hood where they keep a few trails open all summer! Then it's only a couple of months till ski season starts up again. Sick!

I didn't do any workout today. I was at a Men's conference with my church group all day. I suppose I could still have done something after I got home but ... well, I just didn't.

But I'll make up for it tomorrow.

Oh yeah!

Posted in |

0 comments: