More PT!

Had my 3rd visit to the physical therapist today. As I mentioned earlier, yesterday was a nearly pain free day as far as my shoulders and arm are concerned. Just a very little numbness and tingling in my fingers which I am able to control by correcting my posture.

Today I did another round of therapy and exercises identical to the previous visit; squeezing my shoulder blades together by pulling on the elastic bands, the hand pedaling "cycle" and the neck traction. If I continue to improve, the therapist "guesstimates" that I should be done in 3 more visits.

I just ordered 2 books on Amazon by this guy, Rick Olderman, who is a PT with some very interesting ideas. Basically they have to do with fixing the root causes of physical pain. As I understand it from a cursory browse of his web site, it has to do with postural issues and/or improper use and positioning of muscles and joints. Makes sense. I am excited by this. I am hoping it will help me to ride my bike and ski better and help to prevent over and improper use injuries. I ordered the book on shoulder and elbow pain and the one on neck pain cause Mrs. MtbMan1 has been having some problems in that area.

We'll see.

Hopefully I can get a bike ride in tomorrow. Don't know 'cause they are predicting rain. If that is the case I will try to get to the gym and do a stationary bike workout from the Edwards and Reed book.

Posted in |

0 comments: