More Aches and Pains

Are you seeing a theme here? If so, I don't like it.

Today while riding I was having some discomfort, I wouldn't say pain, behind my left knee and in my left Achilles tendon. This is the same thing I experienced a few weeks ago when doing a 2 hour ride with my buddy Charles. Then, I was pushing it too hard for an early ride in the season, trying to keep up with Charles. After that, I took it easy on short, 1 hour or less, rides after work. But during today's ride, I felt those sensations again.

So I tried to back off and also did some on-bike stretches of the hamstring on that side and that seemed to help. A personal trainer at the gym remarked, one time, that my hamstrings were extremely tight. By the end of the ride I was not feeling any pain. Of course it could have just been endorphin induced anesthesia. ;-) But no, I'm still good hours after the ride.

My right shoulder blade and arm pains are still absent although I still have a tendency to hurt on the top of my right shoulder especially when pulling up on the bike handlebars. Have to pull from the core and forearms. According to Rick Olderman that's probably a pinching of the rotator cuff muscle. I have just started to do some of the exercises he recommends in his "Fixing You" book series.

Also I have started having some pain in the left shoulder blade! Maybe now that the right one is fixed the pain has shifted over there. Hopefully the corrective exercises will eventually take care of that too.

My neck seems to be stiff too. It's hard to turn it to look left or right for traffic.

Whew!

I hope I'm not bringing you down with all this but that's what's happenin'!

Like I said, if it's a developing theme, it's not one I'm happy with!

Posted in |

0 comments: