Great Day!

I'm just feelin' great today. My right shoulder through right arm pains have been at their least troublesome than they have been for weeks.
Is it possible that just one trip to the PT yesterday could make that much of a difference?
My PT, Keith, put my neck in a traction thing that pulled on it off and on for 15 minutes with 22 pounds of pressure. Then he gave me some exercises, stretches really, to do on my own which I have started doing.

I think the neatest thing has been chin tuck that he showed me. Basically you just tuck your chin in towards your chest and even push it with your hand. It relieves the basic problem and can be done anywhere at anytime relatively unobtrusively.

What my basic problem is a nerve being pinched by the vertebrae in my neck. The tuck and the traction both open up that space so the nerve is not constricted. That was a revelation. I thought it might be a pinched nerve but I thought it originated in my shoulder. Also, the numbness and tingling in my fingers has been greatly reduced.

The bleed in my eye is going down slowly. It most surely has come from all the ibuprofen I have been consuming for the shoulder pain. I stopped taking it completely as soon as I realized that. Keith pointed it out to me. Good thing I don't need it today!

Today was on the cool side, in the 40's. Grey and windy. I could have ridden my bike but I wanted to do an indoor bike workout from the Edwards and Reed book. The one I did is called "Change of Heart" and is a moderate 35 minute workout that has 4 intervals working up to 70% MHR and then down to 60%. I went to the gym and used a stationary bike. I'm still building up a base and don't want to burn my legs up TOO bad as I hope to go skiing this Sunday.

Posted in |

0 comments: