Miracle cure!

Cycling has pretty much cleared up a couple of physical problems that have plagued me the last few years. One is the "tweaky knees" which I have posted about before. The other is some lower back pain which x-rays have shown to be some non-refundable deterioration. The first time I tried riding a 25 mile ride, I was concerned about what it might do to my already sore back. By the end of that ride I realized my back didn't hurt at all any more and in fact this pain free state persisted for a couple of days. What I've found is, as I increase my weekly mileage my back has got better and better. One of the staff at an LBS in Albany, The Down Tube, says he's had the same experience. Also, my knees don't bother me on a regular basis either. Previously, I've had to be careful to warm up on the bike until my knees don't hurt with every rev of the cranks. Now they almost never hurt. (I've hesitated to make this post for some time now. When I bragged about this "healing" to my wife a while back, the very next day BOTH knees hurt when I woke up in the AM!)

Posted in |

0 comments: