Everyday riding

I intend to ride my bike everywhere I can as much as possible. For this purpose I setup my Ross MTB as my utility bike.
Took the clipless pedals off so I won't have to change my shoes and bought a lock to secure it when I leave it unattended in a public place. So basically I can just grab it and go without any preparation for errands and such. And if I can get in the habit of wearing pants with elastic cuffs I won't have to put ankle bands on to keep my pants from catching in the chain. Oh yeah, I also have to tuck my shoe laces in so they won't get caught in the drive train.
I took it to the library tonight after supper to pick up a book (Bike for Life by Roy Wallach and Bill Katovsky ... recommended!) and pay a fine. It was such a fine night I couldn't resist a little extra riding and I am glad I did. The scent of all kinds of blossoms and greenery was in the air and the temp was 66. Perfect. I live in such a quiet, pleasant neighborhood with lots of old trees unlike a lot of the developments which frankly are not at all picturesque.
Tomorrow ... back into training with a moderate 1 hour ride, then Wednesday ... the hammer goes back down! Ain't life grand?!

p.s.* I got my O2 Rain Pants

in the mail today from eBikeStop.com. Can't wait for it to rain so I can try them out! Psyched!

* You never see p.s. in a blog post these days, do you? For that matter, footnotes neither.

Posted in |

0 comments: