Rest day and "tweaky" knees

Well today is a scheduled rest day for me (groan). I so look forward to my workouts that this is kind of agonizing for me. Probably good though as I tend to get obsessed over my latest interests to the exclusion of the rest of life.
My right knee was a little "tweaky" yesterday. I did my cardio on the recumbent stat bike at the gym anyway but it didn't go away. I often have what I call tweaky knees and usually, if I warm up easy the first 10 or 15 minutes on the bike, it goes away. This time it didn't and both knees are bothering me today.
Let me define "tweaky": I suppose it is "pain" but I hestitate to describe it as such cause it is a small pain; usually on either side of the knee and hurts when it bears weight. Doesn't seem to have much rhyme or reason to it. I usually have it when I get up from bed in the AM. Usually goes away after I get moving but sometimes not. May occur in either or both knees. I suppose my consistent 40 or 50lbs overweight over the last 10 to 20 years hasn't helped it! ;-)
I'm going to wear my knee band today.

Posted in |

0 comments: