Broken spokes!

My how time flies. I see I haven't posted since Monday! Tsk, tsk.
I mentioned previously how I was concerned about rear wheel wobble in both my Ross MTB and my Raleigh road bike. While inspecting the Ross I found 3 broken spokes. Obviously the problem so I removed the wheel and tire and dropped it off with Matt at my LBS, Mad Dog Bicycles.
Then I went home and rode the Raleigh over to the shop (it's only a block away) to ask Matt's opinion about the wobble in it's rear wheel, not as bad as the Ross. Matt called me back later that evening and said there were also 3 broken spokes on the Raleigh! What is going on? Matt asked me if someone was possibly messing with the bikes, a troubling thought.
I was most upset about not having either bike for several days and not being able to ride but Matt repaired both wheels that night and called me 'cause he knew I rode a lot and might need it the next day to ride to work. What a guy! Folks, support your LBS! A website is not going to do this for you.
Anyway, I still have the Trek 4100 MTB (better check the spokes)! I am planning on driving that in to work today 'cause I have to drop the car off at the dealer again and will want to ride it from the dealer's to the office. Hope to also get an hour or so ride in at lunch time down at the bike path.

Posted in |

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie Says:

    Those LBS guys can definitely save the day. There are a lot of things I go budget on, but when it comes to the bike stuff it's worth paying a few dollars more to develop a relationship with the LBS. A tip of some homemade cookies or beer can't hurt either :)

  2. MTB Man Says:

    Yup! Plus if you like having your LBS around you need to buy from them to keep them in business. Some people will "use" the LBS to look at and even test ride a bike, then buy it on online cause it's cheaper. Here's a tip: If you like being able to try a bike in person and chat with a knowledgable person you have to do business with them else they won't be around after awhile!