Sleeping and Eating

Didn't sleep that great last night. I have been working on getting more sleep. I'm shooting for 7 hours but I have only been getting 4 or 5 a night. But I haven't really been tired during the day. I attribute that to my consistent exercise. Still, I know I need more. 7 is ideal for me as more than than my back hurts and I get weird dreams. Anyhoo, I stayed up until about 12:15 helping my daughter refresh her notebook computer cause it was so clogged up with malware. I didn't mind staying up cause I knew this was a rest day and I could sleep later. But I didn't sleep well! Kept waking up.
Couple of factors:
1. I wore my heart monitor to bed so I could check my resting rate in the AM before getting out of bed. I'm thinking that, subconsciously, I'm aware of it and keep waking up to check it although I don't. BTW, my resting rate was 67bpm.
2. Also, Tuesday night I have a regular committment outside of the house and my usual deal is to stop at the local Hess, gas up the car and have a coffee and a 500 cal danish! Well, I didn't do that this time but I bought a Nature Valley peanut butter bar for later cause I thought I would be ravenous after the meeting at 9PM. I wasn't particularly hungry but I did eat the bar! Also had a few other items after I got home: a few cheddar cheese rice cakes, a bowl of fresh pineapple chunks, a diet vanilla pepsi and a teaspoon of peanut butter. BTW, this is all less than usual.

Posted in |

0 comments: