Mrs. MTBMan1 and I went skiing...

Mrs. MTBMan1 and I went skiing at Ascutney in Vt yesterday. We used our Warren Miller free lift ticket voucher.
Our daughter, Steph, met us there (she works about 1/2 hour away in White River Junction).
We also skied with my wife's sister and 3 of her kids. She lives 5 min away from the resort.
It was a great day. Kind of crowded probably cause they were holding races, it was Sunday, they'd just had a pretty good snowfall, and it was one of the 4 or 5 days this season that they accepted the Warren Miller vouchers.
We went up to near the top of the mountain one time in the morning but the trail was pretty choppy with some moderately wet pow and was pretty crowded with some fast skiers and boarders. The wind and snow were blowing pretty hard too up there. Not a lot of fun for us beginners.
So we stuck to a lower mountain trail and really had a ton of fun. I like to work on my technique anyhow at this point in my skiing rather than death defying thrills! ;-)
Quads didn't bother me at all unlike last year which I attribute to my off-season biking but my calves really feel it now. Both gastroc and soleus (back and front).

Here's the front view of the slope


White-out time at the top!


View from Easy Rider trail


'Nother view from Easy Rider

Posted in |

0 comments: