Overtraining ... Still Pushing it?

I mentioned a couple of posts ago that maybe I was pushing it too much with my workouts. Well, maybe I still am. At this stage of my training today was supposed to be a rest day but I did an lower body workout at the gym. I mostly felt un-sore but when I started the adductor machine I still felt it quite a bit in those muscles and also when I tried the sloped ab bench my abs were still tender. So I didn't do either of those but I worked everything else pretty hard. Anyhow I felt pretty lousy most of today, like I'm coming down with a chest cold. It was too nasty out during lunch hour to ride bike or walk but I think I would have just passed on it anyway. It was sleet and freezing rain and then just rain. I drove down to the Corning Preserve parking lot and "napped".
Also I don't think I'm getting enough sleep, 5 to 5-1/2 hours a night although I don't actually feel very tired. I've been intending to get more sleep for a long time now but it hasn't really happened. Probably should cut back on the caffeine too. Getting to bed early would also address my problem with snacking in the evening.
I'm feeling better now (10:30PM) but will go to bed at 11 and get up at 5. That's 6 hours. Not exactly sleeping in but they say you shouldn't try to increase your amount of sleep too much at a time. So I'll try working up to it. I've found in the past that 7 hours is optimal for me. Longer than that and I get a sore back and really weird dreams! ;-)

Posted in |

0 comments: