Fugeddabouditt!!!

I know you're not supposed to weigh yourself everyday for just this reason but hey, I'm a numbers guy. That's what I do.
So my weight has been inching up day by day from a low of 195 up to 202 today and I KNOW I'm doing everything right. Been eating good. Veggie and low carb fruit snacks. One serving of dinner with half the plate vegetables/salad. One reasonable dessert after dinner then early to bed with nothing else.
Working out everyday. Maybe one total rest day a week.
So I shouldn't worry about it but I do have a tendency to get upset.
In Mindless Eating by Brian Wansink, he suggests figuring out what it takes calorically to keep you at your current weight given current activity level and then eat 100 cals less than that each day. This way, you don't feel deprived and you lose weight v-v-e-e-r-r-y-y slowly, the best way.
Actually, I think I'm cutting back more than that although I haven't counted. I used to eat 300 cals of peanuts twice a day for a snack, maybe even a pastry and more than that if there was free food at work (free food is the hardest to avoid for me). Then later in the evening say, 9PM to 12 it was non-stop snacking like this: 4 saltines with butter and peanut butter, 4 saltines with melted cheese, a couple or 3 teaspoons of peanut butter, a bowl of cheese rice cakes. Not just any one of these but all of them. I don't do any of that now plus it's early to bed (10 or 10:30) which helps me to avoid that temptation. I don't watch TV but I love to read and I love to eat and read so that's what I would do until midnight. Don't do that anymore.
So I shouldn't worry about it, right? If I'm going to insist on weighing myself everyday .... fugeddabouditt!

Posted in |

2 comments:

  1. Jen Marie Says:

    honestly, a lot of people gain muscle mass weight (which weighs more than fat) before the fat begins to shed. so many people wind up discouraged because they think they are gaining, and then suddenly, they will lose significant amounts of weight.

    do you keep a food log? also, how do you feel? a lot of that kind of evaluation can help - do you have more muscle definition? do you feel fitter, even though you may weigh more?

  2. MTB Man Says:

    Hi, Jen. Thanks for commenting!
    No, I don't keep a food log. I have in the past but I hate to do it. At least I hate counting calories. But I feel fantastic. I know I am definitely fitter. Not sure about muscle definition, at least visually although my shoulders and legs feel "pumped" for most of the day. I'm not really that worried about it. But I do have a tendency to want to see those numbers go down. ;-)