New Tire!

I bought a new tire last night at the Down Tube Bicycle Shop in Albany. They only had a $16.95 one which I thought was too cheap, I mean it looked cheap, and a $44.95 one. After much consideration, I went with the expensive one. It was more than I expected to pay but tires are literally "where the rubber meets the road." Tires, tubes and flat prevention and stable handling are probably the most important safety considerations in cycling. The new tire was a Bontrager "Race Lite" 27x1-1/4" and it has a Kevlar belt.



Here is the old tire. You can see the cord showing here:

If you look carefully, you can see daylight through this pinhole here:

I should have checked the tire out more carefully before this. That's one of the things "they" tell you to check before each ride.
I kept getting flats, including in my brand new, 1 week old tube. I wonder why?!

Posted in |

2 comments:

  1. Melinda Says:

    Any wonder you were getting flats!! I'm glad you got a new one.

  2. MTB Man Says:

    Yeah, I should be checking my tires more often!