What is sore?

I started doing my training based on the eBook from Roadbikerider.com by David Ertl entitled "Training for the Busy Cyclist". Tuesday I did a hard ride, a one hour aerobic workout. Wednesday I was feeling it, Thursday I was feeling it, and today I was still feeling it!

You're supposed to rest after a hard workout until the soreness goes away completely. I'm not sure if I was really sore today. I mean, I was definitely feelin' it in the quads especially. If I actually wait until I'm not feeling the results of the hard workout, it'll be a week! I guess that's the old person effect. It takes us older folks longer to recover.

Anyhow, it was a real nice day. Too nice not to ride. I debated doing another training ride or just take it easy. I did the training ride.

This one is from the eBook and it's called an anerobic ride. It was for one hour. Here's how it goes: warm up-10 min, ride hard as you can-2min, ride not-so-hard-but-not-easy-1min, repeat 3 times, chill for 5 minutes, repeat the whole sequence 3 times.

I used my old faithful 1 hour training route, Dunkin' Donut. It's not perfect but it's familiar. I know what's coming. That's important because I'm working so hard physically that it's hard to think or make decisions.

I'm glad I did the training rather than the easy ride. I usually am. It's not only physically good but there's the sense of accomplishment and the fact that you're getting better.

I may not get an endurance ride in this weekend but the next training ride will probably be hill climbing/leg strength.

Posted in |

0 comments: