Cold!

It's been unseasonably cool around here of late. I think that's great! I love the cool weather. I got a little sub-cerebral endorphin hit from it. It makes me think of skiing. :-)

You know how "they" say it takes 21 days to change a habit (addiction)? Well, I didn't count the days but after my last day of skiing I was kind of strung out for awhile, in mourning if you will, about the end of ski season. There was that loss. I really felt something was missing to not be able to look forward to my weekly day of skiing.

As time passed and I ramped up my bike riding, that strong sense of something missing began to fade into the background. Now I find myself really excited about riding again. This is becoming a cyclical (no pun intended) thing with me. You know how winter is traditionally a "death" of sorts and spring heralds new life. Well winter for me is the transition time between the end of skiing and the ramp up of cycling. Spring is when I've really kicked into the groove on the bike and I'm looking forward to my daily ride.

I remember last fall when we set the clocks back and I no longer had enough daylight for riding after work. It was kind of sad. That was my second "winter" period. Fortunately these winters are only a few weeks long.

I really need to hunker down and do the gym thing when that happens. Skiing one day a week is not enough for me to maintain a fitness level throughout the winter.

On another note, I had a dream the other night that I was in Texas down by the ocean and there were these huge mountainous swells of waves and suddenly it was cold and the waves were frozen and covered with snow. I no sooner thought "I should have brought my skis" than there were people all over the place skiing!

What's up with that!?

Posted in |

0 comments: