Raleigh Olympian - Pics. As promised!

Raleigh Olympian - Pics!
This is my new used Raleigh Olympian which I got from Mad Dog Bicycles, my neighborhood LBS. I replaced the original pedals with clipless Scotts from my MTB. The originals looked great but I just gotta have the clipless for riding!


The close-up focus is a little fuzzy. Got to work on that.




This is the 555SL cro-mo steel. Supposedly lighter than the SP. Bike weighs 26 lbs.


Raleigh cranks


I like this quick release lever on the front brake. Don't have one on the back though.


It says Suntour on the shifters. Can't see cause of the fuzzies.


Stem


Diacomp brake levers


The number you can't read after "12 speed" is 38-108. Is that the gear ratio range?


Suntour derailleurs






Posted in |

4 comments:

  1. Greenking17 "TRI-harder" Says:

    That emblem on the front is super cool...LOVE olde skool! Looks like a real clean bike. hope your hand is feeling better. I will check back....

    GK17

  2. MTB Man Says:

    Hey, greenking! Thanks. Yeah, it's much better. Took the Raleigh (and the hand)on a 30 miler today with some grueling hills and I didn't even think of it. Raleigh and hand passed with flying colors! :-)

  3. Anonymous Says:

    this is going to sound crazy, but i used to have this exact same bike and am dying to find out the frame geometry so i can get a bike simialar. if there's any way at all that you could take some measurements, i would be forever greatful.

    here's my email. eric400@gmail.com

    thanks in advance

  4. Anonymous Says:

    this is going to sound crazy, but i used to have this exact same bike and am dying to find out the frame geometry so i can get a bike simialar. if there's any way at all that you could take some measurements, i would be forever greatful.

    here's my email. eric400@gmail.com

    thanks in advance