Hand update and new Raleigh

OK. Hand is doing much better. Still hurts all the time but I was able to ride the bike today and that's what counts! ;-)
Had x-rays done yesterday. Won't have the results till next week although the doc thought everything looked good as far as her exam went. She said if it still hurts after a week they may have to take another x-ray because sometimes hairline fractures won't show up right away. Then they would have to put me in a cast. Really don't want that as I am now pretty functional.
Rode the Raleigh today 10.3 miles. It went pretty well. The ride is smooth and quiet. Everything working good. I was concerned about not having a granny gear but I actually went up the hills on this ride easier and with a lower HR than on the Ross MTB. Maybe it is lighter (I weighed it at 26 lbs) and because of the skinny high pressure tires. I was pleased.
Later today I put my clipless pedals on it. Next, I have to switch my cyclocomputer from the Ross to the Raleigh. Then maybe tinker with the seat height a bit and that should do it. I'll get some pictures up here soon. I would like to get a 45 miler in tomorrow. We'll see what the weather is like. I bought an O2 waterproof top this week and some Pearl Izumi socks which are great.

Posted in |

0 comments: