"FUN" ride is hard!

I figured I'd do my "training" ride at lunch hour from work today but I wanted to get out this AM too cause the weather is so nice (got to grab it while you can get it here in the Northeast!)
So, OK, I'll just do a fun ride. Take it easy and not look at the numbers on the gizmos. Easier said than done when you are performance and achievement oriented! I like to know how I'm doin'.
The hardest number to not look at is my cadence cause that's the biggest number on the display of my computer. I did peek at my HR from time to time too. I'm glad to see that my HR is down these days. On my first steep but short hill I have seen up in the 150s in the past. Today it was 131 at the top. Also at the start of my ride, I saw some 70s. As I've said in previous posts, I used to get in the 90s just getting off the couch! :-)
On my hardest hill of this loop (I call Meads Lane Loop)I have seen my highest HR # ever, 165 (I'm sure that's not max tho). Today it was in the 140s. All good.
Fringe bene: On Meads Lane I saw a pile of lumber by the side of the road with some new 2x4s in it. I have been looking for some 2x4s in the cheap to free range in order to build a workbench which I saw some great plans for on the web. So after my ride I went back in the car and picked them up. Ain't life grand?
Not so grand: My cyclocomputer is definitely acting up. After the ride, I pulled it out of it's cradle on the bike and it was still counting up miles. The ride was 10.3 (I know from past experience) but it now says 13.699. Also it says my max speed was 69.8 mph (I don't THINK so!) That's a grrrrrrrr!

Posted in |

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie Says:

    Thanks for the kudos on my race report. And congrats on your fitness gains! My HR still gets SO HIGH! (197 in that last race!!)

  2. MTB Man Says:

    Yeah, but you were really hammerin' it in that race!