Pushing it - I violated my own rules

Today I violated my own stated principles. I was doing my upper body workout at the gym and pushing it even though I've been having some non-muscular pains in my right arm.

I mean I was trying to be very careful with form and so on but I was still getting some pain. Not a lot but enough. This pain is around my elbow and I suspect it comes from using the mouse at work. Mostly if I'm doing tasks that have a lot of repetitive mouse motions to them. I do have some arm and shoulder stretches that I do.

Also, I noticed that my recovery heart rate was a little high. In between sets it took awhile to get it to drop below 100bpm. The last time I worked out, my heart rate was dropping down into the high 70s between sets! Admittedly that is uncharacteristic but I hope it's a trend. It would mean I'm getting fitter.

Another factor might be that I have been slightly sick over the last few days. A mildly sore throat and an unsettled stomach. I have taken it easy during that time but maybe I was a little too antsy to get back into it today now that I'm feeling better. That could account for the higher recovery HR.

Posted in |

0 comments: