Day at Windham


My wife and I went skiing at Windham Mtn. in the Catskills of New York today and what an unbelievable day it was! The forecast this AM was for fog and rain showers. When we got there it was overcast but very quickly the section of mountain we were skiing opened up into blue sky with threatening dark storm clouds to the west.







We had this little patch of blue over us the whole morning and the dark clouds just never got here.


















Then after lunch the sky completely cleared! And it must have been 60 degrees! What you call a bluebird day in the spring: blue sky, warm temps, soft snow.

We had a great day although I should have quit when my wife did. As usual, I had to do just one more run cause I was feeling so great. Anyhow I did wipe out and my quads were killing me. It was fun anyway. All the more so cause we had free lift tickets from the Warren Miller film. More about that later.

Posted in |

0 comments: