What I'm thankful for...

I'm thankful for a lot more important things than I'm going to list here. But since this is about cycling, skiing and fitness, that's what I'm going to tell you about. So, yeah, I know this is kind of a materialistic list. :-)

This Thanksgiving Day, November 27, 2008, I'm thankful for:

  • The health and capability, at age 60, to ride a bike and ski
  • Mrs. MTBMan1, who got me to downhill ski and took up cycling to be with me and likes it
  • My vintage Raleigh Olympian road bike




  • My rigid Ross Mt.St.Helens "mountain" bike


  • My Trek 4100 mtn bike


  • My "buff" multifunction headgear


  • My $22 bargain Optic-Nerve glasses with switchable lenses


  • My Pearl-Izumi padded fingerless gloves


  • cold-weather tights (comfy!)
  • cycling socks


  • SmartWool socks (pricey but worth it)


  • Shimano cycling shoes and clipless pedals that I got for $20 on craig's list! (love a bargain!)



  • Pearl-Izumi Am-Fib shoe covers (nice quality - keep the tootsies toasty)


  • Matt and Mad Dog Bicycles, literally 1 block down the street from me. How cool is that?
  • All new drive train on the Raleigh (smooth!)


... and much more! but i've got to start getting ready for the day.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

Posted in |

0 comments: