2Daze Ryde!

I can't say it was a "classic" November day. Classic November is cold, windy and overcast.
Today was cold, windy and sunny! :-)
They were predicting no rain today at least they said 10% chance of.
It was kind of unsettled when I went out.
Mostly cloudy but breaking up.
Windy.
About 20 minutes in I had some rain on me. What th ...?
No clouds overheard either.
This is on a road that is exposed to the west to the Helderberg Escarpment and sometimes I think rain over there gets whipped up into the atmosphere by upper level winds and dropped on this road.
In any event, it didn't amount to much.
I'm still riding the Ross MTB because the Raleigh Olympian is still in the shop.
Matt at Mad Dog Bicycles called me a few minutes ago and said it looks like new crankset and BB are needed.
I decided to have him put a compact crankset on it since I am replacing it anyhow. It's hard to find stuff for this bike because it's an older style as in non-indexed shifters.
Hopefully I'll have it back in a few days. He's going to have to order the parts.
I'm doing OK with the Ross. My shoulder bothered me quite a bit on the 40 miler I did on Saturday but I think I've learned how to favor it and didn't have much problem with it today.
I rode 27 miles.
I loved the ride today. The sun came out later on and really felt good. The wind died down too.
It was 49° when I left the house. I didn't check it when I got back but it felt a good deal warmer. It's currently 45° 3-1/2 hours later so it's dropping. It may rain or snow even tonight.
I felt like I could have bagged work and kept on going up into the hill country!
I hope I can keep this up when I get a full time job! :-)
I'm still feeling the buzz.

Here's some pix!

It rained on me here! Where are the rain clouds?

From 2008_11_10 Bike Ride


Same spot. Font Grove Rd.
From 2008_11_10 Bike Ride


Albany Country Club. No golfers out here today!
From 2008_11_10 Bike Ride


My first "pit" stop along Wormer Rd.
From 2008_11_10 Bike Ride


I always like this barn.
From 2008_11_10 Bike Ride


View to the West
From 2008_11_10 Bike Ride


Ye Olde Army Depot. I guess this was an army depot on WWII. Now it's a commercial industrial park.
From 2008_11_10 Bike Ride


I finally got a picture of the Dromedary (one humped camel). He's (she?) coming out of the shed just for me in the lower left of the picture.
From 2008_11_10 Bike Ride


The Helderberg Escarpment ... due West
From 2008_11_10 Bike Ride


Another view of the Escarpment
From 2008_11_10 Bike Ride


This guy has got to have the best view in the county!
From 2008_11_10 Bike Ride


Approaching the shady grove on Koontz Rd. A favorite spot to munch a Clif Bar on a hot summer day.
From 2008_11_10 Bike Ride


Starting the climb on Swift or Bullock Rd. I forget which.
From 2008_11_10 Bike Ride


The End! 27 miles.
From 2008_11_10 Bike Ride

Posted in |

0 comments: