Cold, Tired and Lonely

I was not feeling on top of it today.
Got a good nights sleep but still felt drowsy all morning and had some pressure in my head.
Thought maybe I was overextended and possibly should take that as a sign to take a day off from riding.
But ... it was just too nice a day to pass up and I also know that usually, if I don't feel like riding, I'll feel better if I go anyway.
We had to go out that night at 5:30 and I needed to be back by 4 so I thought that if I left at 1, rode for 2 hours, I'd still have time to take a nap.
As it turned out, I took a 3 hour ride and had no time (or inclination) to take a nap.
This ride had it's good moments but I don't know if it's cause I was run down or some other emotional issue but at times I felt a little depressed.
Fall is one of my favorite times of year (the others are winter, spring and summer)but somehow it's always associated with a kind of melancholy feeling.
I don't know if it has to do with the angle of the sun in the sky or what.
Sometimes I think it's memories when I was on the road, hitchhiking with no means, wondering where I would stay that night (out in the open in a sleeping bag most likely).
Anyhow, it was getting dark, cold and remote. Perhaps I push harder when it's cold, trying to warm up.
I made it alright. Again, I'm glad I went but I think I'll take the day off today (Monday).
I brought the camera but I hate to keep stopping to take pictures.
For what it's worth, here's a brief video of some of the scenery along the ride.
I took a video because a photo just can't capture the panorama and it was too cold to try to figure out the "stitch" feature on the camera. :-)



And here's the route!

Posted in |

0 comments: