Do it backwards

I wasn't too creative about selecting a ride today although I did want to do about 3 hours.
So I did my recently designed 38 mile loop only I tried it in the opposite direction for a change.
Definitely steeper climbs although I don't know in total how much climbing as opposed to the other way.
I bought shoe covers for my cold feet but I didn't wear them. I decided they might be too small. They are Pearl Izumi MTB covers for cold weather and the sizing says that my shoes at size 48 (euro) are at the top end of the range (XL).
They were hard to get on and I thought they might even slip off the end of the toe while riding.
I'm also concerned that the ankle zipper might break.
I'll take them back to EMS tonight and see if they can exchange them for the XXL.
So yes, my toes were cold. The starting temp on the ride was 43°. Not too bad but I have a problem in general with cold hands and feet. They can get cold in a heated room. My wife can attest to this.
It warmed up considerably during the ride. Temp is currently 65°. These fall days are great. Got to take advantage of them while they last.
I'm trying to decide whether or not to keep my gym membership. I'm not crazy about going to the gym. I'd rather ride. I can dress for the cold but when the snow comes and it gets mushy and slick and there are no more shoulders it's too dangerous to be on the road. I was thinking about getting an indoor trainer for the bike and putting it in the basement. Not a very pleasant environment though compared to the great outdoors!
Waaa, waaa, waaa, call the waa-mbulance!

Here is today's route:

Posted in |

0 comments: