Tour de Cure is here!

Tomorrow is the Tour de Cure, the ride to benefit diabetes research. I am planning on riding 100K (62.5 miles). 90+ degree heat, high humidity and thunderstorms are predicted. I was worried about having to wear or carry rain gear in that heat but why bother? Getting soaked would be welcomed wouldn't it? I can deal with squishy shoes for 60 miles.
I'm really looking forward to this. I haven't had a long ride for 2 weeks. Been keeping them to 20 miles.
I intended to take it completely easy today but I wound up mowing the lawn. Probably not the best idea (it's in the 90s today) but I hated the idea of sitting around all day doing nothing but reading and sleeping. I didn't sleep well last night. Combination of the heat and my left hand was bothering me. This is the hand that I hurt and wrote about here when trying out my bike from the bike shop before I bought it. It's definitely better but the pain comes and goes. Especially at night. I will take some "vitamin I" before bed tonight and run the A/C at least initially.
Pushing a lawn mower really bothers my upper back. Next one I buy will be a self-propelled type so I can walk upright behind it and not push it. I drank lots of water, took a break half way and had a coke and had some salty party mix snack afterwards. Tonight .... pasta for dinner! Then pack up for tomorrow. I have to be at the Tour start to register by 6:45AM on Sunday, one hour away.

Posted in |

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    go mtbman!! you've made awesome progress this year. can't wait to read your results tomorrow.

  2. MTB Man Says:

    Thanks, bigdave! I appreciate all the support!