Luck o' the Irish ... except, I'm not Irish

But my wife is. I'll take that, I guess. In my last post I mentioned buying a new rear wheel to replace the one with the broken spokes. When I took the old wheel off the bike I noticed that the tube was bulging out of a hole in the sidewall of the tire! Now, mind you, I haven't ridden the bike since the 100K on Sunday so this was waiting to happen but it didn't on my ride or at least I didn't get a flat or blowout from it. How cool is that! That tire is shot!
Yesterday I went down to the bike shop and had Matt spin the cogs off with his lock ring tool and sell me a new tire and tube. I should have let the air out of the tube when I saw the bubble but I didn't think of it and now it has a hole in it. I patched the tube but I thought it best to use a new one. I'll keep the patched tube as a second spare.
I rode the Ross MTB again yesterday morning. It was beautiful, around 68 degrees. Perfect for some intervals. I went up to Meads Lane which is a flat, 2 mile stretch of road with a couple of farms on it and little traffic. I did my intervals there. 3 sets of 10 minutes @ 60-70%MHR, 5 minutes @ 70-80% and 5 minutes @ 80-90%. It's interesting riding the Ross with it's lower gearing. I'm able to keep my HR very low on the warm-up and cool-down portions of the ride. In fact, starting out on the warm-up, I was below Zone 1. Shocking! :-)

Posted in |

0 comments: