Ride prep!

Tomorrow is the Ride 4 Love, 75 mile benefit for Love146.
It will be held in Ballston Spa, NY, near Saratoga Springs.
Here's how I am prepping for it tonight: I threw out my back (to save weight, ha, ha).
No, seriously, I got up from the couch and I had a severe back spasm which I haven't had for months since I started riding 25 mile and longer rides. I couldn't straighten up. Eventually I was able to do some stretches and it is better but still sore. I haven't ridden for 2 days. I really wanted to rest up for the 75 miles on Saturday. If past experience holds true, I should be fine once I get on the bike tomorrow and that should be that.

The ride organizers are going to provide water and snacks at rest stops but no electrolyte drink or anything like that. At the Tour de Cure 20 days ago, they provided Nuun, a sugar-free electrolyte replacement that comes in an effervescent tab like a Fizzie (remember those?) That was the first I'd heard of anything like that and I think it's pretty cool. They said EMS carries them around here and they were out but they did have Elixir which is distributed by CamelBak so I bought those.

Of course, they are sugar (carb) free so I bought a bunch of Clif shots, double-espresso, my favorite. The mocha is also good but they didn't have any of those at EMS. And I am bringing a few Clif MOJO bars to boot.

I made up one bottle of elixir and put in in my Camelbak and put it in the freezer for tomorrow and I put another bottle in the fridge to top off the Camelbak in the morning so everything will be nice and cold.

Now I just need to mount the bike carrier on my car and set the alarm for 5 and I should be set to go!

Weather forecast for tomorrow: 84, humid, chance of t-storms!

Posted in |

0 comments: