Sore at last!

Well, a little bit anyway. I'm definitely feeling Friday's ride enough to technically say, yes, I am sore. But not very.

It was raining pretty hard Saturday morning so about 11 o'clock I decided to go to the gym for a "recovery" workout on the stationary bike and start some upper body strength training.

The gym was relatively empty and all the stat bikes were free. Great.

For my recovery "ride" I chose Workout #5, "Recovery Intervals" from the book "The Heart Rate Monitor Workbook for Indoor Cyclists" by Edwards and Reed.

Here is the workout plan:














This was probably a little more of a workout than I should have done after a hard workout but hey, I'm a systems guy and this was the next workout in line from the book so I was compelled to do it! It was pretty good. I worked up a bit of a sweat. One nice thing about working out on the stationary bike is that you can pay better attention to the details of the workout plan and not have to worry about running off the road! I was also able to record my recovery time after each interval per the instructions. That was pretty cool.

After the bike, I did some upper body stuff on the machines. I'm starting out (again) carefully because of my recent shoulder problems. More or less just going through the motions rather than lifting any real "weight". Felt good to get back into that. I'm also inspired to do some weight work by Logan Franklin who has the senior-exercise-central.com website and publishes the "Gray Iron Fitness" newsletter. Lots of good information and encouragement there.

If you think I'm crazy about wanting to be sore, check out Dr. Gabe Mirkin on it here.

Posted in |

0 comments: