Loser

I finally lost 2 pounds. Don't break out the champagne yet. I mean 2 pounds in one day? C'mon. Water weight or something. But I'll take it!
If you look at my chart: you'll see my weight is mostly at 200 lbs when it's not crazy all over the place.

I can almost guarantee this will happen when I go to bed early, i.e. don't eat late at night. I only had 1 12oz can of diet pepsi but most foods contain some water. (how much water is in saltine crackers? Maybe it's the salt. Doesn't it cause you to hold water?)

Anyhow if I can not eat at night after dinner or hold it to just one low cal dessert, I will lose some weight. That's how it works for me. I know right before bed is the worst time to eat high cal or high carb snacks. I am so good the rest of the day. I'm rarely even tempted to over eat or eat poorly.

Today was a problem. I had a work conference at a hotel this afternoon. It started at 12:30 but they advertised that they would be having HORS D'OEUVRES. I ate my apple and my orange before going so I wouldn't be ravenous. The HORS D'OEUVRES turned out to be cheesecakes, brownies and cookies! Not exactly lunch fare.

They were serving a sit down dinner later but I felt I needed something before then so I nibbled on a few of the desserts and had coffee and diet soda throughout the afternoon. Not the best of diets!

Later, at the dinner I had fish, salad and vegetables but I couldn't resist one spoonful of the cheesy au gratin potatoes. I did not have dessert.

One the plus side, the weather was great and when I got home I still had enough daylight for a 45 minute ride. Again, it was just a ride for pleasure. No training objective. I warmed up easy, hit it hard in a couple of the usual spots, then cruised easy the rest of the way. Here are the numbers for that ride:
http://mtbman1.sweat365.com/2010/05/20/fun-ride-45-minutes/

And here is the route. I call it "Two Stubs" because I go out and back on a stub of Meads Lane and then the stub up to the railroad tracks and back just to get a little more distance out of the ride.


two stubs at EveryTrail

Map your trip with EveryTrail

Posted in |

0 comments: