Ha, ha! I slipped a ride in today.

Yesterday, I didn't think I would get another in until Friday ... but ...

After supper it looked good to get an hour in before dark so out I went. Mrs. MTBMan1 graciously gave me up and scooted me out the door. I hope all your spouses are as supportive as mine! Yes, it's fun but it's primarily about staying healthy and alive so we can enjoy more of our life together. The fun provides the motivation necessary to keep on going.

Oddly the "EveryTrails.com" GPS app for my blackberry has freed me up to vary my routes more and do some exploring. It's not like I couldn't have done that without the GPS but I like to map my rides and if I do whimsical routes that retrace sections it's harder to manually do that on a mapping program. The everytrails app is so easy and slick that it's no problem at all.

Today, as yesterday, I did a random, route as you go ride. That is, I didn't really know where I was going until I got there! I made decisions turn by turn. I went up Pangburn road which we used to live at the bottom of. I remembered it as such a formidable hill on foot but it wasn't as bad as Orchard Hill although it went up basically the same terrain. It's actually the next road south from Orchard Hill Road. It's a go up and back kind of road because at the other end is a really bad stretch of Delaware Ave. No shoulder, narrow road and fast traffic. Not pleasant or safe. That's why I've never tried to bike it before. I didn't want to just go up and back but so what?

This ride worked out almost exactly as long as my regular "Dunkin' Donut" route. About 14 miles and change.

I rode it too hard for a recovery ride. Again I just did it for fun and I'm feelin' my oats these days. I'll get my rest this week I'm sure.

if you're interested, here are my numbers from this ride and here's the map:
pangburn n back at EveryTrail


Map your trip with EveryTrail

Posted in |

0 comments: