2 out of 4 ain't bad!

Last weekend, I was looking at the possibility of not getting a ride in from Monday to Thursday because of various commitments. As it turned out, I was able to ride on Monday and Thursday. Not epic rides by any stretch but rides nonetheless!

Today I did another short ride, about 50 minutes, which I will call "rr n back" because I go out to the train tracks and back, more or less. Once again, I had no particular training objective, just healthy exercise (and fun).

I think I did pretty good, though. On the first roller on the route at the end of Van Dyke road where it tees into Meads Lane, I hammered it down the hill to try to get a good maximum speed and then the up side is quite steep. I usually also see my maximum heart rate on this little "sprint". That was the only all-out interval that I did although I did do some moderate to hard segments. In any event, I am feeling it in the legs now and my numbers were pretty good. Average speed was 13.8 which is good for me for not really trying.

This weekend, probably tomorrow, I plan on doing a longer ride, 2 to 2-3/4 hours. I most likely will be doing it solo as Charles' son is getting married this weekend so I doubt he'll be able to fit a ride in. ;-)

Here is a link to my numbers for this ride: http://mtbman1.sweat365.com/2010/05/21/to-the-tracks-and-back-bike-ride/

And here is the route:


rr n back


Map your trip with EveryTrail

Posted in |

1 comments:

  1. Melinda Says:

    There's nothing like the machete of determination to keep the jungle at bay!