I can't get sore!

All right, 2 days now and I'm not sore from what I thought was a hard ride. Not "all out" but hard enough. So I hit it again today. Not quite as hard from the heart rate perspective, I averaged 135 today and 2 days ago it was 142, but my average speed was better, 15 mph as opposed to 14. Maybe my legs are in better condition than my cardiovascular system. Either way something's got to improve.

It was slightly warmer today and I rode at my usual time right after work rather than later after supper. I froze yesterday. Today I wore long sleeves and it was just about right. My bare legs don't get cold.

I did the usual loop "Dunkin' Donut", about 14 miles and change. It wasn't windy. I did drop my chain once and had to wait a bit at one busy intersection. That probably brought my averages down. My electronics keep counting the time.

What got me excited today was I found out about this GPS app for the blackberry, "EveryTrail", and it worked really well. It didn't crash on me like the MapMyRide app did nor did the GPS stop as it does with GPSED. And it uploaded to the web very easily and gives me a nice map and elevation and all that. Lots of numbers! :-) If you ride, run or hike and have a GPS enabled device you should give it a try. Best of all it's free! I didn't see anywhere where they tried to get you to buy anything. Check out my route here:

Dunkin\' Donut


Map your trip with EveryTrail

It's 'sposed to rain tomorrow AM but clear up in the afternoon. I'll check with Charles to see if he can ride 'cause the Mrs. and I are going to visit Mom in NH on Sunday. Otherwise I hope to get something in if only another hour. Got to mow the lawn too! :-(

p.s. I'm feeling much better today, no sinus drainage like I'd been having the last week and a half or so.

Posted in |

0 comments: