It's a Miracle!

Went for a ride yesterday. It was about 30° out, overcast, spitting snow.
Wound up being just over 2 hours. It was great getting out for a decent ride.
This was a regular route of mine which I call "brookview-s.albany-rarick-rowe-308".
As I usually do on this ride, I stop at a certain point a little over an hour in and have a Clif bar break.
I took off my riding glasses cause they will fog up when I stop riding and put them in the "drop slot" in my seat.
When I took off again, I forgot all about the glasses and didn't remove them from the seat.
I never missed them until I pulled into my garage at the end of the ride.
I hopped in my car and went back to the rest stop cause I knew exactly what happened although I had little hope of finding them intact as it was over an hour.
Well, long story short, I DID find them sitting nicely folded as if on display quite a long distance from where I stopped, in fact at a second stop where I adjusted my handlebar mounted camera. Right in the middle of the road with nary a scratch on them. I guess it helped that it was Rarick road which I frequently ride without ever seeing a car! ;-)
It made my day (besides the ride).
Here's the route:


Here are some video highlights of the ride:

Posted in |

0 comments: