Give up!

I was hoping to take an at least 2 hour ride on Saturday.
I only rode once this week on Tuesday for about an hour.
The problem is limited amount of daylight for riding what with having to go in to work at 9 or earlier in some cases.
Anyhow, it was not a good ride.
I was getting frustrated right from the start with all the prep necessary to get out for a ride.
It wasn't really that cold, about 29° I think. I've ridden in colder weather and had a better time.
Usually when I'm not feeling like riding or not feeling good about a ride, I know to just keep riding and then after awhile, usually no more than an hour, I'll start to feel much better.
But Saturday, I just couldn't get over the hump.
It was kind of a gray day which I usually don't mind. It was a little windy not too bad but for some reason it really irritated me on this ride.
Plus the feeling of being warm and sweaty in my core yet cold on the surface at the same time had me being really cranky.
I cut the ride short at just under an hour and a quarter.
In retrospect, I'm thinking the problem might have been that I stayed up late the night before.
And my calves are sore like they haven't been in a long time. It's amazing that not riding for 3 days when I'm used to riding every day could get me that out of shape!

Here are some pics of my homemade camera mount. It's still slipping around the handelbars on rough downhills.

The camera tripod mount just screws into the screw and you tighten it up with the top wingnut.

Posted in |

0 comments: