Cycling makes me happy

I'm sorry to have to say it but I'm glad I CAN say it. It's so conditional. True happiness should not be conditional.
I got a couple of good rides in this weekend after almost a week of nothing but the gym and I went from doom and gloom to whistling a happy tune.
Even my wife noticed it this morning (a Monday morning).
I finally got together with my friend Brad on Sunday. He lives up in what we call the "hill towns" around here, the Helderbergs.
I decided to meet him at his house and ride from there 'cause I wanted to get on some new roads that I haven't tried before.
Brad raced for the Air Force in Italy and has nice bike so I'm way out of his league but I was grateful for the challenge.
My numbers are all messed up though because I forgot to turn on my HRM until well into the ride and my cyclocomputer said I did 37mi in one hour and my average speed was 27mph(?)and maximum speed was 77! It seems to like that 77. 'Twould be nice but I DON'T THINK SO!!! Needless to say the 'puter is not accurate. What happens is, it keeps counting numbers after I've taken it off the bike so if I don't record it right away it will be goofy (sometimes!)
So this was 2 days after the big ice storm and the ride was gorgeous ... a world of crystals and diamonds.

Here's the route. Keep going and there's a video:


Here's the video but it doesn't come close to capturing the beauty. Remember to click the YouTube logo on the video (you might have to click it twice) and then select "Watch in high quality" to get the best resolution.

Posted in |

0 comments: