1st day at the gym since last April!

Yes, yesterday was the first day I set foot in a gym for 9 months!
Of course, I overdid it and boy am I sore today.

I desperately need to work on my upper body. It's been weak all my life and cycling exclusively for 9 months doesn't help.

So that's what I did ... an upper body workout; pecs, delts, biceps, triceps, etc.
Also some incline board crunches. I'll be feeling those presently.

Today I just did 40 minutes on the stationary bike. It's weird and kind of sad to be cycling in a room with a bike that you control how hard it is rather than the terrain determining the difficulty.
But there are advantages to that kind of a workout so I need to be looking at that.

I'm still going to ride, weather permitting but the lack of daylight is the problem.

My new potential cycling buddy, Brad, has two mountain bikes equipped with good headlights and he's been trying to get me to do some night riding on the trails but we haven't been able to connect yet.

I think 20° is my lower limit for riding. I can do about an hour comfortably at that temp.

Of course, there's skiing!

Posted in |

0 comments: