Why was today such a brutal ride?

Rode my first 30 miler today. Nice day; high 30s; sunshine. I mapped out a new route which went south and east to the Hudson river and then back out west then north and home. From the elevation plot (MapMyRide) I thought it would be a little easier than my usual 25 miles through the hill country but it wasn't. I'm not sure what it was. It's not even the extra 5 miles cause I was already beat half way through. There was a stiff headwind about half the ride as I was exposed going west but not that strong. Maybe I didn't pace myself. It was my first time on a long ride with my new cadence computer so maybe I was too focused on keeping my cadence up rather than with how hard I was working. Took the camera but I was too annoyed with my fatigue to bother with pictures. Wasn't fun!
Anyway, here's the route:

Posted in |

0 comments: