Today's training ride - 15 miles

Today's training ride was an easy 15 miler. Mostly flat terrain. I'm working up to a fifty mile fund-raising ride in June and then a 75 miler 2 weeks later. In addition to my 3 or 4 rides or gym workouts during the week I am doing an easy ride on Sundays, increasing my mileage by 5 miles per week. I used clipless pedals for the first time. I bought a pair of Shimano biking shoes and pedals used, on Craig's list for $20. One of the screws was missing on one of the cleats but my LBS guy gave me one he had in his odd parts bin. It was about 30 degrees out but my feet got cold near the end because I was trying to keep my HR below 65%MHR. There was a slight head wind at times but not constant. I was grateful for the decent weather and clear roads as we haven't had much of either recently.
Here are a couple of photos from the ride to give you an idea of the environment ... relatively quiet, older, suburban streets, not developments. Big trees, some old houses, light traffic. Very pleasant.





Posted in |

0 comments: