First bike ride of spring!

Sunday was my first bike ride of spring 010!

I just went skiing the day before but my quads were fine.

I just couldn't turn it down. Charles and I had been trying to get together for several weeks and it hadn't worked out for one reason or other.

I really felt like taking a nap but you know how that is.

This time I suggested the route. It is one of my regular solo rides. Lots of rollers but no real hills except for Orchard Road in the beginning.

Of course I overdid it. I hadn't really been working up to it but because of my ego, I tried to keep up with Charles which meant working harder than I should have for a first ride.

Well, not entirely because of my ego. I thought I should do a hard workout just because I was overdue for one.

I felt some discomfort early on in the tendon behind my right knee but I didn't let up. Then near the end, it was my left achilles tendon. Of course the real problem was with my right shoulder. I am trying to pull with my lower arms on climbs but somehow I really hurt my shoulder. It only takes one good pull to do it.

I'm going for a checkup at the end of the month. I'll ask the doc for an xray. He had prescribed one years ago but I never got it. I will push for physical therapy rather than surgery if they suggest that.

We wound up doing 26 miles.

It was good to get out on the bike but I'm not ready to give up on skiing yet although the weather has been absolute crap here in the northeast.

The Catskills are a good bet for a couple of weeks. They got a pretty good dump up there.

Then there's always Killington.

Ascutney over in eastern Vermont is claiming they still have tons of snow. We have relatives we can stay with over there. And they're doing $39 lift tickets on the weekend! Woo-hoo!

Posted in |

0 comments: