The Common Cold is Bad for Your Health!

Well, yeah.

What I mean is, you're not supposed to exercise when you have a cold. So you're not working on your fitness ergo your health.

At least according to this article by Dr. Gabe Mirkin.

He says "Most doctors allow their patients to exercise when they have a cold, as long as they don't have a fever and their muscles don't hurt when they exercise. However, it's probably better to stop exercising altogether when you have an infection."

I have a cold. I started feeling it on Friday afternoon and today it's full blown.

The last time I came down with a cold, not too long ago, I knocked it out completely in 2 days by totally vegging out. That was on a weekend. I was lucky.

I did go out for a short and easy bike ride yesterday because it was so nice.

The weather has got really sunny and warm. It's killing me to not go out on the bike. I was planning on a hammerfest on Sunday, but it was not to be. I skipped church and slept a good part of the day.

Saturday, took a walk with wife and daughter in a local park. There was still snow on the ground in most places which made it challenging.

Here are some pics:


It was tempting me to come back on the x-c skis.

Somebody had been out!


A canopy of trees!

Foot bridge

The trail passes by an alpaca farm. Last time we were here, they came right up to us. Today we couldn't get them interested.

There's that blue sky!

See ya later. I'm going back to bed!

Posted in |

0 comments: