A Trying Ride!

Yesterday, I rode 32 miles of rollers. It was possibly one of the most difficult rides I have ever done, mentally at least.
It was unseasonably warm, 85°. I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Also, I'm having a lot of discomfort with my seat. Perhaps I need a new pair of shorts!

I have never had a ride, including the 100K and 75 milers where I have seriously considered stopping to take a nap! This I wanted to do very badly on this ride.

A couple of riders stopped me and asked to borrow my multi-tool. One of them had a loose cleat plate on his shoe that needed tightening. I was glad I could help. (and glad for the rest!)

We went separate ways but they overtook me again later in the ride. I thought about having a shirt made with the following on the back "You have just been passed by or you have just overtaken Retro Man. Either way it's nothing to be proud of."

In any event, I made it without a nap. It concerns me a bit. I hope I get over this.

Posted in |

0 comments: