Is speed your friend?

Yesterday I went skiing at Butternut with my friend Scott.
It looked like the best day of the week to go and I think it was.

It was perfectly clear.

Monday they were closed because of rain and today is kind of gloomy.

They are expecting to be closed Thurday and Friday because of rain.

Mrs. MTBMan1 didn't want to go because she feels she needs 2 weeks of recovery.

The snow was mostly soft and got softer as the day progressed. It required a different approach for me in that you couldn't really "push" a lot of snow because of the heaviness of it on account of the water content/density.

So, if you are comfortable with speed, you can go down the hill reasonably well with moderate turns.

I think I will work on this technique if I get to go again this season because I am more comfortable with speed as I mentioned in my previous ski post.

Speed is your friend!

*****************************

Today, I went to the gym and did my second workout for the recovery week of the "Power to the Pedals" program from roadbikerider.com.

Posted in |

0 comments: