The Amazing Power of Exercise!

Yesterday AM was not a good time. I was feeling some despair over my current job situation, actually over my prospects for the future.

I was scheduled to take a relatively longer ride as I had just done an interval workout the day before, however, I opted to wait until the afternoon as it was predicted to warm up and clear up.

I really didn't want to do anything to tell you the truth. You know how depression is.

But I know enough by now to do the ride because no matter how things look, I will feel better after.

So about 12, I set out. I was planning on doing a 2-1/2 hour ride, I'm ramping up gradually after the off-season, but it wound up being about 3 hours and I WAS tired!

But it had the intended effect of mood and outlook transformation.

I usually ride and exercise first thing in the morning partly because it works out best schedule wise but also because it tends to set the tone for the day.

Today I did a short warm up at the gym on the elliptical and then did a moderate/hard upper body workout and I feel great even though my situation hasn't changed.

There is tremendous power in being able to upgrade your mood at will!

Posted in |

0 comments: