job and cycling don't mix

Work is definitely cutting into my biking! I am working this weekend most likely and Saturday I will not have time for any ride much less a long one. Oh, well, hopefully I'll get a Sunday AM ride in of 30 or so miles.
Today I just had time for a 10 mile ride cause I had a PT appointment for my hand at 7:50. Then off to work.
I rode at a good pace. At about the 2/3 point I was probably pushing it a little hard when I saw two serious looking riders pull out of a side road ahead of me. They weren't working too hard and I couldn't resist even hammering it a little harder so I could go flying by them ("on your left!"). I realized I was a little overextended cause my legs were wanting to give out at that point.
Of course, they couldn't let this geezer with a retro Raleigh do that so in my rear-view mirror I saw them coming up on me. On the second or third hill they finally passed me and I wasn't going to try another attack. I was pretty much spent and needed to cool down for the end anyway.
Boy I was feeling it today from that little 40 minute ride!
But I'm getting there! Wherever THERE is!

Posted in |

0 comments: