Almost made it!

What's the saying? "Almost only counts in horseshoes and ..." something else, can't remember. But it counts in cycling too. As in, "I almost beat the rain." After all, riding one minute in a downpour is better than an hour. I don't mind riding in the rain. What I dislike most is having to wipe the bike down real good (which I don't do) and oiling the chain to prevent rust.
I was also uber careful stopping and cornering after the pavement got wet 'cause of a little slide out I did a couple of days ago.
I hopped on the Ross MTB which is my about town bike to take some books back to the library (2 blocks away). It was starting to rain so I really hammered it like some hotshot MTBer so the books wouldn't get wet in my backpack. I was feeling pretty good about my ability until the last corner in the library parking lot before the book drop off. I guess the library was not concerned about high speed cornering when they paved the driveway cause it is real nice and smooth. I had just pumped up the tires to max pressure too the day before for some road riding. There were just starting to be a few drops on the pavement and I found my wheels sliding out from under me and I went down. Right on my right knee again. I just can't keep that thing scab free!
So I'm a little paranoid right now about cornering at high speed.
I originally thought about doing a 30 mile ride but decided not to because of time limitations. So I did about 18.
My chain didn't drop off this ride either after I adjusted the front derailleur yesterday. Nice and smooth shifting so far!
Had to stop for a train though! I heard it coming but I couldn't beat it to the crossing. It's amazing how often that happens. It's not like I'm riding by there the same time everyday either.
Here's the route for your perusing pleasure!

Posted in |

0 comments: