Jiminy Peak

Today's ski adventure was Jiminy Peak in the Berkshires of Massachusetts.
'Twas a mild day, about 26° at the slope. Snow conditions were good. Although the grooming didn't hold up very long, we got first tracks on a couple of runs.

All was well, until the third or fourth run down West Way when I suggested we try "John Hancock" which is an easy Green that had never been open when we had been there before.

We got first tracks on this one and the grooming was, therefore, in excellent shape. As often happens when nobody else is using a trail, you eventually find out why!

When we got to the bottom, there was no lift running from there so it was a long trek uphill to the main lift. Not a pleasant walk in ski boots carrying skis and poles. Ah well, such is life!

After lunch, we did 3 easy runs until the crud got bad and we got tired. No sense in pushing it and getting hurt. Maturity is knowing when to quit, right? Live to ski again another day!

Next week, I am planning on going out by myself and taking a lesson. I'm in my fourth year of skiing now and haven't taken a lesson since my first. Time to learn something new and unlearn some bad habits I've probably developed.

Onward and upward! And then downward. ;-)

Posted in |

0 comments: