Disappointed!

I must say I have been sorely disappointed over the recent events of winter. Southern climes receiving snowfalls of historic proportions that they did not want and are ill prepared to deal with, while those of us in the north who would rejoice over such bounty (not all of us, I acknowledge) receiving not so much as an inch of the white stuff.

Cruel.

If we had dumps like they had in DC and Baltimore, I could ski the power line cuts around here. I had an idea that my wife and I could take turns driving to the top of one of these hills and one of us skiing down while the other takes the car back to the bottom to do it again. But we just don't have enough snow to do it. It's really maddening.

Thank God for snow making machines and cold enough temps for them to work or there would be no skiing and boarding in the northeast this winter. Even northern vermont has only been getting a dusting here and there.

In 2 days, Mrs. MTBMan1 and I head out for 2 days at Smuggler's Notch, VT. We are looking forward to getting away even though the conditions may not be what they could be. Temps are looking good ... high 20's, maybe 30. It will be nice to ski all day and not have had to drive there in the morning or drive 1 or 2 hours to get home afterwards.

Then there's still a good chunk of ski season left and we have tickets to Whiteface and we hope to do Butternut and maybe Jiminy again or Catamount.

Pray for snow!

Posted in |

0 comments: