new world land speed record!

for the bike that is. personal, that is.

Today I rode with Charles, a wonderful peaceful, low-traffic ride through southern Albany County, dipping into Greene county for just a bit.

Toward the end of the ride we rode down Blodgett Rd., a long steep hill and my 'puter said 47.2 mph at one point. That's my new personal fastest ever. Previously I had done 45.0 down that hill and one other.

I did tap my brakes at that point but it surprised me ... it didn't really seem too scary. Maybe I'm getting used to it.

Whatever it was, it was fun.

That was a super ride. It was a nice 74 °, overcast, a few moments of light rain.
A new stretch of road to me, Newry Rd., very little traffic, scenic, winding, rolling, good pavement ... sweet.

It was a good workout too. I'm trying to be more conscious of any gaps opening up between me and Charles and working to keep them closed up. It gives me a good workout. I also try, on occasion, to spin up the rollers at a relatively good cadence, keeping my speed up.

I know I'm going to be sore and I'm happy about it.

I'll try to take it easy for the rest of the week, easy rides. Need to rest up for the Ride4Love benefit ride for Love146.

Here's today's route:



Posted in |

0 comments: