The "Dread" Pinnacle!

I did it! I climbed Pinnacle!

To me, the route up to Thatcher park and then to Camp Pinnacle via Beaver Dam Road and Pinnacle Road was the ultimate symbol of climbing hurt on a bicycle.

Today we took that route, Charles, his friend Mike and I.

It was tough but I did it. It's a real milestone for me.

One more "DREAD" scratched off the list.

My quads are going to kill me. I'm feeling it already.

One note of concern: long, steep climbs are really hard on my lower back. I have some degeneration there and it's usually kept in check by bike riding with the exception of rides with a lot of climbing, that is, more than a 5 or 10 minute hill per ride.

I hope I can find some way to deal with this. Bike fit, maybe?

Here's today's route for you locals:

Posted in |

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Whenever I have lower back pain I know it's time to add more ab and core work to my workout. It seems counter-intuitive, but a strong core goes a long way toward supporting that complex bundle of muscles and nerves in the lower back. Pretty amazing.

    -Melinda